Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

How NOT to crochet!

Okay, this title deserves a much better post to follow, but this is all you're getting! It's a continuation of the granny square post of a few weeks ago.
 
As I was perusing Ravelry.com today, I ran across a couple of different patterns with a ridge design and was reminded of my first attempt of teaching myself how not to do another granny square. Unfortunately, I did not understand the importance of picking up both loops of the stitch, and everything would be a ridged.  Frustrating to say the least. Eventually I would get it right!

Seeing the patterns inspired me to repeat the mistakes of old, so to speak. I've been wanting to use some of the Lily's Sugar'n Cream Stripes in Violet Stripes, and thought the combination of the self-striping yarn,, and the striping effect of the ridge stitch would work well together.  I believe they do!

The pattern is super simple and I'll post above.

No comments:

Post a Comment