Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day Four . . .

Continuing the procrastination theme, this is on Day 6!

The question posed is: Whatever happened to your __________?
Write about the fate of a past knitting (GASP!  They forgot crocheting!!) project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity. 

The most recent projects that I have made have all been gifts.  I'm talking completed items, not the 2 dozen on-going, sitting in the bag, waiting for me to say, "Oh, I should finish that", projects!  Most were for family at Christmas, and others for Molly, my favorite little neighbor.

Joanie, my son's paternal aunt, took over the duties of the holidays (voluntarily I should add) after her parents became unable to.  Christmas is her favorite, and at least one of her trees are up and decorated when we arrive for Thanksgiving dinner!  I love this as I'm not allowed my tree until the week before Christmas, and only because I put my foot down and demand it to be in place at least by my birthday. This year, I made a Christmas themed (colored) afghan that I gave to her around Thanksgiving so that she could have it for use, decoration, whatever she wanted, during the holidays.  She loved it, of course.  Being a crafter and former crocheter (I'm working on fixing that!) herself, she's always opened to homemade items.

Come about Valentine's Day she mentioned that the afghan was still out and being used every night as she curled up on the couch!  This made me very happy as I believe all afghans should be used.  It also made me realize that I need to make her another one to match her decor - red, green and white do not!! 

On my Ravelry page I have two smaller afghans listed that I made for Molly.  I know that these are getting used as they are the ones that she uses in her playpen, which is parked in the family's kitchen!  

For me, knowing that an item I made and enjoyed making,is being used is one of the best compliments! It also inspires me to make the next one even better!!  

Happy hooking everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment